Your tale of bluebeard’s bride
- The fairy tale is told
- The Sisters are created
- The Bride is left alone at home
- One by one, the rooms are explored
- “The room beckons. You enter, and the door closes behind you.”
- Evidence is gathered
- The final room is exposed
- Make the Bride and her experiences feel real.
- Fill the Sisters’ lives with fear and horror.
- Play to find out what the Bride chooses
- Breathe unnatural life into the house.
- Address yourself to the Sisters, not the players.
- Give each inhabitant of the house a drive.
- Ask about the Bride’s fears and build on the answers.
- Veil your moves with mystery.
- Hold the Bride to her wedding vows.
- Fill the house with the echoes of violence.
- Blur the line between the ordinary and the monstrous.
- Center the story on women’s experiences.
- Hint at off-screen horrors.
- Present evidence of other brides’ suffering.
- Invoke the house’s memories and secrets.
- Undermine the Bride’s senses.
- Remind the Bride of her limits, physical and social.
- Put the Bride in danger, emotional or physical.
- Inflict trauma, as established.
- Introduce a servant or horror.
- Offer an opportunity at a cost.
- Turn their move back on them.
- Make a room move.
- After every move: “What do you do?”
Source: Play materials from the official site.